What are the examples of Jewish Heritage that this project targets?
Some examples of such heritage include the following:
- The Old City (former Jewish Quarter) and Great Synagogue of Tbilisi, now major tourist attractions
- The White Stork Synagogue in Wrocław, used as a venue for concerts, theatre plays and film screenings
- The Call (old Jewish Quarter) of Girona, a key component of the city historic area, the streets and stairs of which are as much used today by its residents and visitors as they have been throughout the centuries; this includes Sant Llorenç Street and Manuel Cúndaro Street
- Cluj’s Poale Tzedek old Jewish Synagogue, now a cultural centre
- Belgrade’s Dorcol neighbourhood, where most of the buildings have been restored or adapted to new uses, incorporating visible reminders of their Jewish origin, and Sephardic Cemetery
How to get in touch with the project coordinators?
For information and other inquiries, please fill in the contact form.
When is the closing date of the Contest?
The last day to submit your artworks is July 17th, 2019.
What should the Technical Data Sheet include?
The Technical Data Sheet should include:
– photo dimension
– digital or analog
– specificities about exhibition setting if applicable
EXIF data are also welcome.
Who can participate to the Contest?
Participation to the competition is open to photographers and audiovisual creators of legal age who are residents of any country of the Council of Europe.
What are the awards for the Contest winners?
The following prizes will be awarded:
● First prize in the category FROM NOW: 1.500€
● First prize in the category FROM THE PAST: 1.500€
● Second prize in the category FROM NOW: 1.000€
● Second prize in the category FROM THE PAST: 1.000€
Those works will be included along with the work by Guest artists in a travelling exhibition that will be shown in the participant cities from September 2019.
The winning artists will have the possibility to travel, cost covered, to one participating country exhibition other that their own.
Honorable mention of a maximum of 20 works will be selected among the participants. These works will have the possibility of being presented in the Parallel Traces exhibition, depending on the capacity of the exhibition halls of the organizing institutions.